1. Data protection officer
No data protection officer has been appointed. The law firm may draw on the exceptions provided for in Article 37, para. 4, GDPR in conjunction with sec. 38,
para. 1, BDSG [Federal Data Protection Act]. If you have any queries, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection and storage of personal data, types of use and purposes for which such data are used
When you visit our website at www.dr-livonius.de, the browser in use on your device automatically sends information to our website server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. At the same time, the following information is recorded without your active participation and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- website from which our website is accessed (referrer-URL),
- browser used and, where applicable, your computer's operating system and the name of your access provider.
We process the aforesaid data for the following purposes:
- to guarantee the establishment of a smooth connection to the website,
- to guarantee the user-friendliness of our website,
- to analyse system security and stability and
- for further administrative purposes.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data is not transferred to third parties for any purposes other than those indicated hereinafter. We only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have expressly given your consent to this pursuant to Article 6, para. 1, sub-para. 1, point a, GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to Article 6, para. 1, sub-para. 1, point f, GDPR, is required for the exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- there is a legal disclosure obligation pursuant to Article 6, para. 1, sub-para. 1, point c, GDPR, and
- provided that this is statutorily permissible and is required pursuant to Article 6, para. 1, sub-para. 1, point b, GDPR, for the purposes of maintaining contractual relationships with you.
5. Analytics tools
The tracking measures that we use, as set out below, are implemented on the basis of Article 6, para. 1, sub-para. 1, point f, GDPR. Through the tracking measures used, we wish to facilitate/ensure the needs-based design and continued optimisation of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to record the use of our website for statistical purposes and to analyse this with a view to optimising our offering for you. These interests must be viewed as legitimate interests, as defined by the aforementioned legislation. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be inferred from the corresponding tracking tools.
To ensure the needs-based design and continued optimisation of our sites, we have Google Analytics, a web analytics service from Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as "Google") available to us. In this connection, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (cf. under section 4) are used. The information produced by the cookie on your use of this website, such as
- browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- referrer-URL (previously visited site),
- host name of the computer accessing the site (IP address),
- time of the server enquiry,
is transferred to a Google server in the US and stored there. The information may be used to analyse the use of the website, compile reports on website activities and provide additional services linked to website use and Internet use, e.g. for the purposes of the needs-based design of these web pages. This information will, moreover, be transferred where necessary to third parties, where this is prescribed by law or where third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be combined with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymised and, therefore, no mapping is possible (IP masking). You may prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; we would, however, point out that, in this case, it is possible that not all the functions of this website will be able to be used in full. You may, moreover, prevent the recording of data related to your use of the website (including your IP address), as generated by the cookie, and the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de). As an alternative to the browser add-on, particularly when using browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent data being recorded by Google Analytics by clicking this link. An opt-out cookie is set, preventing the future recording of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie only works in this browser and only for our website and it is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must reset the opt-out cookie. You can find more information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics at Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
Before Google Analytics can lawfully be used, data protection authorities require the conclusion of an agreement for a data processing assignment. We have concluded such an agreement.
6. Rights of the data subject
You shall have the right:
- pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, to request information on your personal data that we have processed. You may, in particular, request information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the data will be stored, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or an objection to such processing, the existence of the right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data where the data was not recorded by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and where applicable, meaningful information about the details of this;
- pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, to request without delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data or the completion of your personal data which we have stored;
- pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, to request the erasure of your personal data which we have stored, unless the processing is required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is contested by you, if the processing is unlawful, you however oppose the erasure of the data and we no longer need it, but it is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data, which you have provided us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request the transfer of the data to another controller;
- pursuant to Article 7, para. 3, GDPR, to withdraw your consent that was once given to us at any time. This will mean that we may, in the future, no longer continue the data processing activity that was based on your consent, and
- pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you may for such purposes contact the supervisory authority in the place of your habitual residence or workplace or of the headquarters of our law firm.
7. Right to object
Provided that your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6, para. 1, sub-para. 1, point f, GDPR, you have the right pursuant to Article 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or if the objection concerns direct marketing. In case of the latter, you have a general right of objection, which we will handle without the need to cite a particular situation. If you wish to avail yourself of your right of withdrawal or objection, an email addressed to email@example.com will suffice.
8. Data security
Whenever you visit our website, we use the commonly used SSL (Secure Socket Layer) process in conjunction with the, in each case, highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is, as a rule, 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we shall then instead utilise 128-bit-v3 technology. You can see whether an individual page of our online presence is transmitted in encrypted form by the display of the padlock symbol in the status bar of your browser. We also use the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from accidental or deliberate tampering or partial or total loss or destruction, or from unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously updated according to the best technology available.
9. Updates to this data privacy notice and amendments to the same